Cheese is one of the most popular dairy products worldwide; it comes in a variety of flavors and can be made with milk from cows, goats, or sheep. It is a concentrated source of proteins, vitamins, salts, minerals, and easily digestible fat, which is why the WHO recommends it on a regular basis.
The quarantine has given us time to do various activities at home, one of which is to cook and prepare our own food. To keep you entertained and learning to cook new things, we’ve included a simple recipe for making fresh cheese at home with only three ingredients in Menu.
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 2 thirds cup vinegar
- Sky blanket fabric
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the milk.
- When it's almost ready to boil, add a third of the vinegar. For about a minute, blend everything together.
- When you notice the milk starting to cut, turn up the heat.
- Reduce the heat again while stirring and adding another part of the vinegar.
- Turn the heat back up after a minute of being on low.
- Reduce the heat to low and add more vinegar. Continue until the milk supply is completely depleted.
- When the serum has been completely separated, turn it off and leave it to sit for an hour.
- Place the sky blanket fabric on a strainer.
- When the milk has curdled, strain it through a blanket cloth and a strainer.
- Allow for a 25-minute resting period.
- When the timer goes off, finish draining manually by pressing the sky blanket fabric a little.
- Remove the fabric and knead in a saucepan with a pinch of salt.
- Place it in a container or mold and press it down to compact the cheese.
- Refrigerate it overnight, and it will be ready to eat the next day.
Amount Per Serving Calories 801Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 130mgSodium 753mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 0gSugar 66gProtein 41g