Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 cup Arhar
- dal 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Sugar 3 tbsp
- Sambar masala 3 tbsp
- Tamarind pulp 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 7-8
- Curry leaves 2-3 (whole dried)
- Red chillies
- 2 Bhindi,
- chopped Cut into pieces 2 beans,
- cut into pieces 1 tomato,
- cut into pieces 4-5 small
- pieces Petha one Drumstick/Munga/Moranga,
- peel and cut one onion,
- cut into pieces 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Green Coriander
- 3 cup water one
- one kadai tadka pan
- 3 cups rice
- One cup urad dal dal tsp Baking
- soda Salt to taste
- To begin, place lentils, 3 cups of water, and salt in a pressure cooker and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- After three whistles, turn off the flame.
- After that, heat two spoons of oil in the pan. When the oil is hot, add all of the vegetables and mix well.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, covered. After that, add the sugar and sambar masala and cover.
- When the vegetables are done, stir in the tamarind pulp. After that, add the lentils and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat. After that, extinguish the flame.
- Prepare the sambar tempering now. In a tadka pan, heat a spoonful of oil. When the oil is hot, temper it with mustard seeds, whole red chilies, and curry leaves. Pour the hot tempering over the sambar and cook for 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Put coriander leaves on it. Delicious Sambar is ready. Serve with idli, dosa and vadas.
Amount Per Serving Calories 590Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 23mgSodium 2150mgCarbohydrates 93gFiber 14gSugar 31gProtein 22g