JO JO POTATOES
Jojo Potatoes are thickly sliced potato wedges that have been coated in a special seasoning blend and fried until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I've given this classic dish a healthy makeover by baking these Jojo potatoes instead of deep-frying them—but they're just as delicious!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 4 large russet potatoes scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 3 teaspoons canola oil or nonstick spray*
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large pan. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Alternatively, bake the potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove potatoes from water or oven when they are fork tender and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut each potato into 6-8 wedges.
- In a large gallon-sized bag, combine the flour and seasonings. Toss in the potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- 1 teaspoon oil or nonstick spray should be used to grease a baking sheet.
- Remove potatoes from seasoning mixture, shaking or brushing off excess flour (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP or your potatoes will taste like flour!)
- Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet. Toss with the remaining oil or coat with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the wedges are crisp and golden brown.
- Russet potatoes are ideal for making potato wedges.
- I don't peel the potatoes first; you can if you want, but the skin on JoJo potatoes is left on.
- This is one time when I prefer to use an oil mister or nonstick spray to lightly spray the potatoes and grease the baking sheet. You can, however, toss with a little canola oil. Avoid using olive oil because the flavor will overpower the fries.
- You can substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon onion powder for the seasoned salt.
- If your potatoes are dry and the breading sticks to them, dip them in beaten eggs or milk before breading.
Amount Per ServingCalories 224Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 788mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 5gSugar 2gProtein 6g