My friends will laugh when they read this because I’ve been a fan of Turkish novels for a while now hahahaha, and of course from watching the novels (and their actors hahaha) because she’s curious about this country.
Aside from the jokes, Turkey is a beautiful country; it does not require novels or beautiful actors to pique our interest in its culture. Spectacular landscapes, magnificent monuments, a culture that blends tradition and modernism, and a gastronomy to die for.
There is a high demand for bread there. I believe it is also known as “Turkish pizza” because it is a type of flat bread filled with various ingredients.
- 180 gr of water
- 10 gr of fresh yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 450 gr of wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 gr of milk
- 30 gr of Greek yogurt (I put natural skimmed yogurt)
- 20 gr of oil
- 1 egg yolk and sesame seeds
- vegetable ratatouille, quail eggs
- We put 100 g of water, crumbled yeast, and sugar in the thermomix glass. We set the timer for 1 minute, 37o, and speed 2. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes in the glass.
- On top, combine the flour, salt, milk, the remaining water, the yogurt, and the oil. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 4, then knead for 3 minutes.
- We take out the dough, place it in a bowl greased with a little oil, and cover it to allow it to grow. It took an hour and a half in my case.
- When the dough has doubled in size, we degas it slightly and divide it into balls. I received an eight.
- Each ball is stretched into an oval shape and each corner is twisted to form a knot. We raise the walls slightly and try to shape it into the shape of a small boat because the chosen filling will be placed inside. In my case, it was a quail egg in the center of a rest of vegetable ratatouille. However, you can combine minced meat with a sauce of your choice (vegetables, mushrooms, cheese, etc.).
- While the oven is heating, we paint it with the whipped yolk and sprinkle it with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then serve warm.
- IF WE DO NOT USE THERMOMIX: We heat some of the water to dilute the yeast and sugar. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and all of the dough ingredients, including the yeast mixture. We knead the dough for a while until it is smooth and elastic. We let it rest and continue with the process I described above.
Amount Per Serving Calories 386Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 44mgSodium 209mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 5gSugar 2gProtein 11g