kangaroo steak recipe
Kangaroo steak is a popular second meat dish in both Australia and the United States. On the contrary, in Italy and throughout Europe, it is extremely difficult to find, both in restaurants and in people's homes. It's a very lean, sweet meat that tastes a little like horse meat. If you happen to come across it, I recommend this recipe.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- Kangaroo steak 1
- Pink, black, green pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Whiskey 1 tsp
- Nut of butter 1
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Season the meat with rosemary salt and a few drops of oil before cooking. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- After frying the garlic clove in a tablespoon of oil, brown the meat in a hot pan for 2 minutes per side.
- After a minute, add the butter, pepper, and whiskey and allow everything to evaporate. You can also toast two slices of bread to go with the meat.
- Allow the meat to rest in a pan covered with aluminum foil for at least a minute before serving.
Amount Per ServingCalories 1181Total Fat 85gSaturated Fat 29gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 47gCholesterol 307mgSodium 336mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 87g