Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 cup yellow lentils ( 200 gr)
- 1 red onion , minced
- 1 red chili , minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves ( 15 gr)
- ¾ tsp salt , or to taste
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Masala vada is a tasty Indian snack. They are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside fried lentil pancakes. Spice and herb flavors abound.
- Soak the lentils in water for 4 hours, or until tender, before draining.
- In a food processor, pulse the lentils until they are semi-coarse. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Form a ball out of a small amount of the mixture. Then flatten into a disk. Place on a greaseproof paper-lined tray. Continue until the mixture is finished.
- Heat a generous amount of oil over medium heat. Pancakes should be fried in batches until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil. Serve immediately and enjoy! Masala vada is a tasty Indian snack. They are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside fried lentil pancakes. Spice and herb flavors abound.
Amount Per Serving Calories 218Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 25mgSodium 1050mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 14g