Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Wheat flour - 400 grams (4 cups)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Potato - 400 grams (6-7 medium sized)
- Coriander powder - one teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Amchur powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green chili - 2
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Green Coriander - 2 -3 tbsp finely
- Salt - as per taste (1 tsp)
- Refined oil or desi ghee - to apply on parathas
- To begin, place the potatoes and a glass of water in the cooker, turn on the gas, and after one whistle, let the potatoes boil on low heat for 1-2 minutes, turn off the gas, and remove the potatoes from the cooker after the pressure of the cooker has been released. It will take
- Mix in 2 tsp ghee or oil and 1/4 tsp salt to the flour. Make a soft dough by kneading it with water. Cover the kneaded dough for 15-20 minutes to allow it to set.
- Cool the boiled potatoes before peeling and chopping them finely. Season with salt, red chili powder, garam masala, mango powder, coriander powder, green chili powder, ginger, and green coriander. Incorporate the spices thoroughly into the potatoes. These potato pitas are ready to be stuffed into parathas. Make 12 equal parts out of this pithi.
- Make 12 equal-sized balls out of the dough. Roll each ball with a rolling pin, brush some oil on the rolled parantha, and stuff it with potatoes. Lift the paratha from all sides and close it. Press it flat with your fingers to flatten it. Roll it out to a diameter of 8 -9 inches using light pressure and a rolling pin. Keep the tawa hot, apply some oil to the pan, and then place the rolled paratha on the hot tawa, flip the paratha when it is roasted from the bottom, apply oil to the top side when it is cooked from the other side, and turn the paratha over to the other side. Apply oil as well. Roast the parantha with a spoon or a ladle until crispy, brown spots appear on both sides, applying light pressure all around. All of the parathas should be roasted in the same manner. The parathas are done.
Amount Per Serving Calories 632Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 8mgSodium 260mgCarbohydrates 111gFiber 8gSugar 4gProtein 15g