Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 Potatoes , boiled and grated
- 1 Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tea spoon turmeric
- ½ Tea Spoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ t spoon cumin powder
- ½ Tea Spoon Amchoor
- ½ Tea Spoon chaat masala
- ½ tea spoon of salt
- 2 tbsp Pudina , chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander , chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- Oil , for frying
- To begin, combine 3 boiled and grated potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles, then remove them from the water as soon as the pressure is released.
- 1 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 2 teaspoon turmeric, and 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder, 2 teaspoon amchoor, 2 teaspoon chaat masala, and 2 teaspoon salt
- Add 2 tbsp mint and 2 tbsp coriander and mix well.
- Now stir in 2 tbsp cornflour until well combined. Alternatively, poha powder or rice flour can be used to absorb moisture.
- To make a soft dough, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Grease your hands with oil and shape the tikkis into balls.
- Fry in hot oil for a few minutes on each side. You have the option of roasting or deep frying.
- Fry on a low heat until golden brown.
- Cook from both sides after flipping.
- Finally, serve aloo tikki with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or as a chaat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 311Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 25mgSodium 695mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 13g