Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 8 hours 30 minutes
- 1 kg of boneless skinless chicken breast trimmed with excess fat
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 24 ounces chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15-ounce cans drained and rinsed large northern beans
- 2 green cans in 4-ounce cubes (I make one hot, one mild)
- 1 15oz can drain whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- small handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces of softened reduced fat cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Add the chicken breasts, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Diced onion, garlic, large Nordic beans, green chilies, corn, chicken broth, and cilantro go on top. Shake.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours, covered.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker after shredding it in a large mixing basin
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until the chili is creamy and slightly thickened, after adding the cream cheese and half-and-half.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and serve with chosen toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 715Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 255mgSodium 1438mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 6gSugar 8gProtein 88g