The Lamb Curry is a main course from the Eastern culinary tradition that is prepared in a very simple manner. This Lamb Stew with Spices is a very tasty dish that will conquer all lovers of oriental cuisine. It is made with Lamb Pulp, Tomato Puree, White Yogurt, Ginger, Garam Masala, Sweet Curry, Turmeric, Coriander, Bay Leaf, and Chilli.
The Chunks of Lamb with Curry are ideal for a different kind of family lunch or a dinner with friends. If your guests enjoy dishes with a strong flavor, this Lamb with Garam Masala recipe is a must-try!
- 800 gr of Lamb Pulp in Pieces
- 300 gr of tomato puree
- 300 ml of Vegetable Broth
- 125 gr of Whole White Yogurt
- 60 gr of Clarified Butter
- 30 ml of Seed Oil
- 20 gr of Masala Salt
- 20 gr of Sweet Curry
- 10 gr of minced ginger
- 10 gr of turmeric
- 10 gr of Corn Starch
- 8 gr of chopped coriander
- 1 White Onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- to taste of Chili Pepper Powder
- fine salt to taste
- To make the Lamb Curry, begin by cutting the lamb into 5 centimeter pieces. Then, in a large saucepan, melt 50 grams of butter.
- When the butter has melted completely, add the lamb pulp to the pan and brown it on all sides. When it's done, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Return the casserole in which the lamb was cooked, add the remaining butter, the seed oil, and cook over high heat to melt the butter.
- Chop the onion finely, then add it to the pan and brown it over high heat until soft.
- Finely chop the garlic, add it to the pan, sprinkle with ginger, mix well, and cook for a few minutes.
- To the pan, add the lamb, garam masala, sweet curry, turmeric, coriander, chili, and bay leaf. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the tomato puree, whole white yogurt, and a ladle of hot vegetable broth. Cook for about an hour and a half, stirring occasionally, with a lid on top.
- Continue to cook, adding more hot broth as needed to keep the sauce from drying out too much, stirring to mix the ingredients and cook evenly.
- Add the chopped coriander and the cornstarch previously dissolved in a drop of cold water to the pan a few minutes before the end of cooking.
- To finish cooking, stir in the remaining ingredients. Finally, serve the Lamb Curry while it's still hot!
Amount Per ServingCalories 899Total Fat 66gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 236mgSodium 705mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 55g