Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- Whole cornmeal for instant polenta 110 g
- Scallops (8 mollusks) 240 g
- Granny Smith apples (about 2) 400 g
- Water 430 g
- Brandy 50 g
- Brown sugar 10 g
- Extra virgin olive oil 60 g
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Mint to taste
- To begin making the polenta and scallop amuse-bouche, pour 5g of oil into a 28x20cm diameter pan and set aside. 1. In the meantime, heat a pot of water on the stove. When it begins to boil, add salt and approximately 10 g of oil2, then pour in the instant polenta flour while vigorously stirring with a whisk (or wooden spoon) to avoid lumps 3.
- Stir continuously for 8 minutes to achieve a consistent and dry polenta. 4. Transfer the polenta to the tray and spread it evenly with a spatula until it reaches a thickness of 0.5 cm. 5. Wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill. 6.
- Take care of the apples in the meantime. Cut them into four parts and remove the core7. Collect some two-centimeter pieces and place them in a container 8. Heat 20 g of oil in a frying pan before adding the apples9.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes over high heat, then add the brandy and let it evaporate (be careful of any flames!). 10. Stir in the brown sugar and set aside for a few minutes to caramelize. 11; the apples will be done at this point, so cover them with the lid and set them aside12.
- Remove the polenta and, using a 6.5 cm diameter pasta cutter 13, cut out 8 floppy disks 14. Preheat a grill and brush with 10 g of oil15.
- then place the discs and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side 16; turn them over and cook for another 3-4 minutes17; set the discs aside at the end of cooking18.
- Cook the scallops at the end. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the shellfish, cooking for 2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat. 19, Season with salt and white pepper 20 and jumps frequently to keep them at bay 21.
- Finally, for the composition, arrange the polenta discs on a cutting board, followed by the scallops 22 and apples 23. Finally, garnish your polenta amuse-bouche with mint leaves and you're ready to impress your guests. 24!
Amount Per Serving Calories 334Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 7mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 4g