Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- Whole cornmeal for instant polenta 110 g
- Scallops (8 mollusks) 240 g
- Granny Smith apples (about 2) 400 g
- Water 430 g
- Brandy 50 g
- Brown sugar 10 g
- Extra virgin olive oil 60 g
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Mint to taste
- To begin making the polenta and scallop amuse-bouche, pour 5g of oil into a 28x20cm diameter pan and set aside. 1. In the meantime, heat a pot of water on the stove. When it begins to boil, add salt and approximately 10 g of oil2, then pour in the instant polenta flour while vigorously stirring with a whisk (or wooden spoon) to avoid lumps 3.
- Stir continuously for 8 minutes to achieve a consistent and dry polenta. 4. Transfer the polenta to the tray and spread it evenly with a spatula until it reaches a thickness of 0.5 cm. 5. Wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill. 6.
- Take care of the apples in the meantime. Cut them into four parts and remove the core7. Collect some two-centimeter pieces and place them in a container 8. Heat 20 g of oil in a frying pan before adding the apples9.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes over high heat, then add the brandy and let it evaporate (be careful of any flames!). 10. Stir in the brown sugar and set aside for a few minutes to caramelize. 11; the apples will be done at this point, so cover them with the lid and set them aside12.
- Remove the polenta and, using a 6.5 cm diameter pasta cutter 13, cut out 8 floppy disks 14. Preheat a grill and brush with 10 g of oil15.
- then place the discs and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side 16; turn them over and cook for another 3-4 minutes17; set the discs aside at the end of cooking18.
- Cook the scallops at the end. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the shellfish, cooking for 2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat. 19, Season with salt and white pepper 20 and jumps frequently to keep them at bay 21.
- Finally, for the composition, arrange the polenta discs on a cutting board, followed by the scallops 22 and apples 23. Finally, garnish your polenta amuse-bouche with mint leaves and you're ready to impress your guests. 24!
Amount Per ServingCalories 334Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 7mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 4g