The Caprese salad is a really simple and quick recipe to make, and it’s one of the best dishes to serve during the summer because of the seasonality of the ingredients used to make it and the colors that characterize it. Originally from Capri, as the name suggests, today’s salad is ideal for serving at the table as an appetizer or as a light and tasty second course, in short, ideal for hot summer days.
- 500 gr of Buffalo Mozzarella
- 4 Tomatoes
- to taste of Basil
- qb of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- to taste Salt
- to taste of Oregano
- To make the Caprese Salad, first wash the tomatoes under running water and then cut them into equal-sized circular slices.
- Take the mozzarella and cut it into even slices.
Alternate tomatoes and mozzarella in a spiral inside a plate, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, garnish with tufts of fresh basil, oregano, and pepper, and serve your Caprese salad.
- Our recommendation is to make this recipe with all fresh ingredients to enhance the flavor even more.
Amount Per ServingCalories 428Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 99mgSodium 935mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 29g