Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 36 minutes
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1 piece of ginger of 2 cm
- 1 medium onion
- 1 big tomato
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ cucharada de comino
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- Cayenne pepper optional
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into medium-sized cubes.
- Make small cubes of the onion and garlic.
- Mash the tomato and grate the ginger.
- Cook the onion, garlic, ginger, and tomato in a deep frying pan with a little vegetable oil.
- Combine the curry, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. After a few minutes of vigorous stirring, reduce the heat to half.
- Cook until the minced chicken is completely sealed on all sides.
- Mix in 12 glass of water.
- Allow it to cook for 15 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- If the sauce appears to be too dry, add a little more water; if it appears to be too liquid, raise the temperature slightly so that some of the liquid evaporates.
- Check the salt after 15 minutes and add more if necessary.
- You will now add the 12 cup of coconut milk. Cook for 5 minutes more after thoroughly mixing.
- You can soften the flavor by adding more coconut milk if desired.
- Turn off the heat and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- A chicken curry can be made in two ways: with coconut milk or with yogurt. Both ingredients contribute to the recipe's "creaminess," and both are equally valid and delicious. It is entirely up to you to decide which to use.
- If you prefer a sweeter chicken curry, add more coconut milk; if you prefer it slightly sour, add more yogurt.
- If you want to make it with yogurt instead of coconut milk, simply substitute one thing for the other and keep the same amount.
- This dish is spicy; you can adjust the level of heat to your liking. You can even leave out the cayenne pepper for a milder curried chicken.
- I recommend that you add a dash of spice.
Amount Per ServingCalories 369Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 102mgSodium 395mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 41g