Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 300gr of precooked couscous
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 onion
- 5 dried apricots
- A handful of parsley
- Salt and oil
- We wash the vegetables and spread them out on a baking sheet. The pepper and aubergine should be whole, and the onion should be cut in half. Add a splash of oil and bake for 25 minutes at 180oC. Allow it to warm in the oven.
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions while the vegetables roast. Normally, it is covered with hot water laced with a pinch of salt and left to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Once the couscous has been "hydrated," add the sesame oil and stir with a fork to loosen it up. We chill it in the refrigerator.
- We wash the parsley and only keep the leaves.
- When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, we peel them and cut them into small cubes.
- Finally, in a salad bowl, combine the couscous, vegetables, parsley, and dried apricots in pieces. Season with lemon juice and chill until ready to serve.
- I tried it fresh and it was good, but the one I kept in the fridge and ate the next day was much better, so I recommend leaving it done overnight.
Amount Per ServingCalories 218Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 160mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 5g