Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 sheets of puff pastry of approximately 250 gr each
- 6 slices of York ham of the squares
- 25 dates approximately
- 6 slices of cheese (the one you like the most)
- 1 egg
- We start preparing our date's ham and cheese empanada. We begin by preheating the oven to 200o. We're going to raise the funds now. If it's frozen, we're hoping it'll be at room temperature before we use it. Then I spread it a little more with the roller by sprinkling a little flour on the work surface to keep it from sticking. We line the baking tray with vegetable paper and place the puff pastry sheet that will serve as the base and that we have stretched on top. To accomplish this, I'm going to teach you a trick to avoid picking up the dough with your hands and thus avoiding the risk of it wrinkling or breaking, which happens frequently when we handle dough. I assist myself by rolling the dough a little on it and then unrolling it on the tray.
- Assemble the ham slices on top, followed by the dates and cheese slices. The order is optional; you can arrange the ingredients however you like. Pie with dates
- We're going to cover the pie now. To accomplish this, we continue with the plate that will serve as the cover, as we did with the previous one. Finish by pressing the edges with your fingers so that they do not open. Dates pie Dates patty
- We whisk the egg and brush it all over the pie. It's normal to have some egg left over; you don't have to spend it all. Next, we prick the patty several times with a fork so that it airs out and does not form air pockets when baked. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the dough appears to be done. All that remains is to take it out of the oven, cut it, and enjoy our date, ham, and cheese pie.
Amount Per Serving Calories 787Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 110mgSodium 784mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 5gSugar 42gProtein 25g