Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 40 minutes
- 2 beef steaks (sirloin)
- 1 1/2 onions
- 2 donburi rice bowls
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi paste2
- 4 tablespoons of red wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Adequate amounts of salt, pepper
- Chop the onion finely. Remove the tendons from the steaks and use a hammer to tenderize the meat. Cover the fillets with chopped onion and set aside for at least 30 minutes. After that, remove the onion and season with salt and pepper.
In a frying pan, melt a tablespoon of butter and fry the onion from step 1 until it changes color; season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate.
- Fry the meat: In the same skillet used in step 2, melt the remaining butter and fry both sides of the meat until cooked through before removing.
- For the sauce, return the red wine from the previous step to the pan and reduce it while scraping the juice from the meat (preferably with a wooden spatula); replace the onion from step 2 and fry it. Stir in the soy sauce from the skillet's edge; thicken the sauce with the dissolved potato starch.
- In the donburi bowl, layer the rice with the umeboshi pasta, then top with the meat from step 3 and generously drizzle with the sauce from step 4. Decorate the topping with the chopped chives. Is finished!
Amount Per Serving Calories 1399Total Fat 82gSaturated Fat 30gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 42gCholesterol 371mgSodium 2125mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 7gSugar 11gProtein 106g