Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- ½ cup dried cherries, chopped
- ½ cup of hot water
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of white sugar
- Allow the cherries, hot water, and almond extract to stand for 20 minutes. Drain the cherries and pat them dry with paper towels. Place aside.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 cup of the white sugar in a large mixing bowl. Combine the yogurt, eggs, and oil in a mixing bowl. Stir everything together thoroughly. Place the cherries on top. Pour batter into a 9-inch round cake pan that has been greased and floured.
- Combine the walnuts and 1 tablespoon of the white sugar in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in a skillet on a wire rack. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Amount Per ServingCalories 289Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 254mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 1gSugar 42gProtein 3g