Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 200 g rolled oats
- 80 g walnuts
- 40 g coconut
- 40 g chocolate chips
- 100 g honey
- 20 g margarina
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Wrap them in parchment paper and place them in the refrigerator; it's still summer and hot, so they won't be as crispy.
- We take the oat flakes and walnuts out of the oven and place them in a bowl. We add the heated mixture and thoroughly mix everything. Mix in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan, pressing it down as much as possible, and bake at 150oC for 35-40 minutes. We'll be keeping an eye on our energy bars to determine the exact time.
- After the timer goes off, we take the dish out of the oven and let the bars rest in the dish for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes, we placed the bars on a rack to cool. We cut the portions we want when they are almost cold. It does not have to be hot because the bars will break if it is.
- We heat a saucepan with water and a bowl over it, and when the water begins to boil, we pour the chocolate chips into the bowl and allow them to melt slightly (the chocolate does not have to be completely melted, but the almost whole chips).
- We sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each bar.
- We preheat the oven to 180oC and adjust the heat up and down. Combine the rolled oats and chopped walnuts in an oven-safe dish lined with parchment paper. We bake it for 15 minutes.
- Heat honey, brown sugar, margarine, and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. It is not necessary to bring it to a boil.
Amount Per Serving Calories 440Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 0mgSodium 49mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 6gSugar 38gProtein 8g