Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 8- or 9-inch no-bake gluten-free pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts plus about 20 whole walnut halves
- Collect all of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit / 218 degrees Celsius.
- Add the eggs, sugar, salt, corn syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract to the jar of a blender or food processor bowl and pulse several times until just combined.
- 1 cup walnuts, pressed once or twice, until walnuts are coarsely chopped
- Place the remaining walnut halves around the top of the filling in the prepared gluten-free pie crust.
- Bake at 425 F / 218 C for 15 minutes, then reduce to 350 F / 177 C for another 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cake is lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- An 8- or 9-inch pie pan with a removable bottom creates a nice-looking wavy crust and also makes cake cutting easier.
- Make sure your cake is fully cooked; a pecan pie is similar to a custard tart, and if it is still runny in the center, it is usually due to insufficient cooking time.
Amount Per Serving Calories 772Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 108mgSodium 553mgCarbohydrates 93gFiber 4gSugar 69gProtein 11g