Prep Time 2 hours
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 45 minutes
- FLOUR 80 gr
- SELF-RAISING FLOUR 80 gr
- ICING SUGAR 115 gr
- SALT 1 pinch
- Cold BUTTER in cubes - 150 gr
- EGGS 3
- SUGAR 170 gr
- LEMON ZEST 1 tablespoon
- LEMON JUICE 180 ml
- BUTTER 115 gr
- Combine the flour, icing sugar, and salt to make the dough.
- Work in the butter and egg for 20 seconds, or until the mixture holds together.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes after flattening it and wrapping it in plastic wrap.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil on the stove for the lemon cream. Place a bowl over a pot of boiling water and whisk the eggs with the sugar for about 2 minutes, then add the lemon zest, juice, and butter (optional).
- For about 8 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken, whisk constantly
- Remove from the heat and wrap in cling film.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it into a square 2.5 cm longer and wider than the pan. Press your fingertips against the edges of the pan to crush the dough. Excess dough should be removed.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread the lemon cream over the still-hot base and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, covered with plastic wrap.
- Cut the cake into rectangles and use a spatula to remove them from the pan.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1276Total Fat 77gSaturated Fat 47gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 376mgSodium 1018mgCarbohydrates 139gFiber 2gSugar 95gProtein 13g