Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 Greek yogurts (125 gr each).
- 1 clove garlic.
- The juice of half a lemon.
- Minced mint or parsley, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Peel the cucumber, open it, and extract the seeds from the center, as they may be very liquid if added to the sauce. Grate it finely and drain it in a colander with a little salt
- After about 5 minutes, press the cucumber to drain its water completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, oil, and Greek yogurt.
- Add the finely chopped garlic cloves, mint or parsley, dill, and lemon juice. Combine all of the ingredients to create a cream that is as homogeneous as possible.
- Refrigerate the bowl, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 30 minutes (although if you leave it for a couple of hours, it will be cooler and denser).
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 4mgSodium 69mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 9g
Also Read – Where to Buy Tzatziki Sauce in The Grocery Store