Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 20 small potatoes,
- half boiled
- 6 tbsp curd to taste
- Kashmiri red chilli powder tbsp dry ginger
- powder 1 tbsp fennel,
- roasted and ground
- 1 piece of cinnamon (one inch big)
- 3 cloves
- 1 large cardamom
- 1 cardamom
- 4 black pepper
- 1 pinch of asafoetida
- one teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup oil
- one and a half cup water
- The potatoes should be peeled. Then, using a forked spoon or a toothpick, pierce them. In a mixing bowl, combine the curd, water, and Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Heat 3/4 cup oil in a pan over medium heat. Then add potatoes and cook on medium heat. Remove the potatoes to a plate when they have turned a light golden color. Reduce the heat and pour some oil from the pan into a vessel.
- After that, keep the remaining oil in the pan on a low heat. In the meantime, heat the oil and fry the cumin, asafoetida, cinnamon, clove, black pepper, cardamom, and big cardamom. Then add the red chili paste and cook for 10 seconds while stirring.
- After that, add the curd to the pan and stir it around. Mix in 1-2 cups of water to the curd. After that, stir in the fennel powder to the curd mixture.
- Then, in the pan, combine the dry ginger powder. Now, combine the potatoes and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Then, cover the pan and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes on low heat. Cook the Dum Aloo gravy until it thickens slightly, then remove from the heat. Delicious Kashmiri Dum Aloo has been prepared. Serve hot with roti, naan, or rice and garnished with cream and coriander leaves.
Amount Per ServingCalories 1044Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 38gCholesterol 2mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 151gFiber 17gSugar 9gProtein 19g