Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 kg chicken
- To prepare the masala:
- tsp turmeric powder
- tsp chili powder
- tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- one inch ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3-4 green chilies
- salt to taste
- To Roast:
- 3 medium onions
- One tomato (chopped, peeled and pureed)
- 2 (cut lengthwise) green chilies
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- tsp garam masala powder
- tsp black pepper powder
- juice of 1 lemon
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium-sized pieces.
- Prepare the marinating spices.
- Make a paste of all of the ingredients for this.
- Set aside for an hour after adding the chicken.
- Thinly slice the onion and fry it in hot oil.
- Fry the chicken in the same pan with the same oil.
- Cover the pan so the chicken does not brown but remains cooked on the inside. Remove them and set them aside.
- In a separate pan, heat two tablespoons of oil (only chicken oil) and fry the green chilies and curry leaves for one minute.
- Then add the tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Now add the cooked chicken and roast it until it is dry.
- Ensure that all of the chicken pieces are well spiced.
- Mix in the garam masala and black pepper powder.
- Finally, add the lemon juice. Examine the salt.
- You can always add more if necessary.
- Now stir in the fried onions. Serve.
- Lemon juice and fried onions are the main ingredients in this dish, so use them with caution.
Amount Per ServingCalories 877Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 32gCholesterol 313mgSodium 470mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 84g