Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 500 g Farina 00
- 180 g donkey
- 2 eggs
- 180 g granulated sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder for cakes
- You can make it by hand or with a planetary mixer: combine the flour, eggs, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cold butter in pieces, the grated lemon zest (I recommend using an organic, untreated lemon or washing it with baking soda), and the baking powder last.
- Quickly combine all of the ingredients, working them together with your fingertips.
- Knead the dough until it is firm and compact. If you need to cut out pies or biscuits, you can wrap it in cling film and place it in the refrigerator at this point.
- In fact, it is necessary for these preparations that the pastry be very cold and that the butter compact the pastry so that it does not break when rolled out.
- If you want to make smart and quick cookies like these, you don't need the rest time and can use the pastry right away.
- The lemon shortcrust pastry is ideal for a variety of desserts.
Amount Per ServingCalories 348Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 106mgSodium 226mgCarbohydrates 71gFiber 2gSugar 53gProtein 6g