Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 35 minutes
- 320 g of green lentils from Puy or pardinas
- 2 zanahorias
- 1 sweet potato of 150 g approx
- 1 nabo de 200 g aprox
- 2 small fresh onions
- 150 g de espinacas o acelgas baby
- 400 ml of coconut milk with more than 75% coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Curry powder
- Fresh or dried curry leaves optional
- 1 clove of garlic
- Lentils should be rinsed and drained. Put them in a slow cooker.
- Peel the turnip, carrots, and sweet potato.
- Turnip and sweet potato should be cut into 1 cm cubes, and carrots should be cut into 1/2-cm slices.
- Remove the roots and coarsest green parts of the fresh onions, then cut them into slices using the tender green part of the stem.
- In the slow cooker, combine the chopped vegetables. Add the crushed garlic and ginger, as well as the curry leaves and a teaspoon of curry powder, if using.
- Pour in 1 liter 250 ml of water, season with salt, and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until the lentils are tender but still whole. You can also cook them on BAJA for about 7 hours.
- When the lentils are done, stir in the coconut milk. Adjust the salt and, if necessary, add more curry powder to taste.
- Serve immediately with raw baby chard or spinach leaves that have been freshly mixed.
Amount Per Serving Calories 575Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 32gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 120mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 14gSugar 18gProtein 15g