Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 24 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 4 minutes
- 1 cup of rice flour (about 240ml approx)
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 3/4 of cup of palm sugar in pieces
- 1 tablespoon Ghee butter ( clarified butter )
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 pizcasde sal
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 saucepan
- 1 steamer
- 1 frying pan / saucepan
- We heat 1 cup of water, add the salt and Ghee butter, cover, and when it comes to a boil, we add the cup of flour while the fire is turned off. Mix thoroughly and set aside for about 5 minutes, covered.
- While we're putting the filling together. Sauté the poppy seeds for 1-3 minutes, stirring constantly, and set aside. In the same pan, we add the sugar in pieces and "crush" it with a spoon or fork to ensure that it dissolves completely. Cook for about 2-3 minutes over low heat with the grated coconut
- Chop the cashews and combine with the poppy seeds and raisins. Mix all of the ingredients well, remove from the heat, and add the ground cardamoms. Allow to cool and take on a consistency.
- We work the dough with a spoon or spatula and pour it into a flat plate, source, or work table where we will "flatten" it little by little with a spoon.
- We grease our hands and work until the dough is homogeneous. We're taking small amounts of dough, about the size of a lemon, and rolling it into balls. We take the balls and flatten them with our hands until we have discs with a teaspoon of filling in the center. We close with care, as if it were a flower, and reserve.
- We repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 cups of water, grease the steamer with Ghee, and add the Modak. Cover and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- They can be served when they are cold.
Amount Per ServingCalories 440Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 8mgSodium 63mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 4gSugar 47gProtein 4g