Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 100 gr. the bacon
- 1/2 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1/2 l. fish broth
- 1/2 l. evaporated milk
- 250 gr. the king prawns
- To begin making a delicious New England shrimp soup, cut the bacon into small, thin strips. Then we put it in a saucepan over medium heat to melt the fat.
- Meanwhile, we finely chop the onion and add it to the casserole when the bacon begins to crisp. We poach it in the bacon fat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- we add the chopped potatoes and corn, which will add a unique flavor to our New England prawn soup. Bring the fish stock to a boil over low heat until the potato is tender.
- Then we take a portion of the broth out of the pan, leaving just enough to cover the ingredients, and add the milk. Re-bring it to a boil.
- Allow our New England shrimp soup to simmer for a few minutes, or until the shellfish change color. At the time, we season with salt and pepper and serve very hot.
Amount Per ServingCalories 998Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 390mgSodium 3147mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 6gSugar 32gProtein 75g