It has the same dough and presentation as the cinnamon rolls, but this time the filling is that delicious cream of hazelnuts that has become so popular, resulting in these delicious Nutella Rolls.
They always ask me when I bake and write for the blog, and I always tell them that there is time for everything. But things are hectic at work these days, and I barely have time to check my email, let alone devote time to the blog. So, after posting twice a week, I reduced it to once a week, and recently, not even that; there have been weeks when I haven’t been able to publish. And it’s not just that I don’t have time to write; it’s also that I don’t have time to bake.
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 150 ml of milk
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of dried yeast
- 75 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 400 – 450 g of flour
- 150 g Nutella
- 50 g of hazelnuts or chopped nuts (optional)
- Place the milk and cardamom in a pot and heat until the milk reaches a temperature of about 105 °F / 37 ° C.
- Place the warm milk in the blender and dissolve the yeast in it. Add the sugar, salt, butter, and egg and mix well.
- Add the flour gradually and beat with the paddle adapter.
- When the dough is more consistent, switch to the hook adapter and knead until it comes off the bowl.
- Place the dough on the table and knead for 1 minute more. Form a bun, place inside the bowl, cover, and set aside for 1 hour, or until it has doubled in volume.
- Degas the dough, place it on a floured surface, and roll it out into a rectangle about 30 x 20 centimeters in size.
- Spread Nutella over the entire surface and top with hazelnuts or nuts if desired.
- Roll the longest side as if it were a pionono, applying pressure to firm it up and cutting rolls about two centimeters wide.
- Place the rolls in a greased round mold with a butter paper-lined base, cover, and set aside for an hour, or until the volume has doubled.
- Preheat the hotno to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius.
- Brush the rolls with beaten egg and bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven, set aside for 10 minutes to cool, and then unmold.
Amount Per Serving Calories 164402Total Fat 483gSaturated Fat 93gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 242gCholesterol 95mgSodium 977mgCarbohydrates 34389gFiber 1220gSugar 161gProtein 4658g