Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 recipe for yellow cake or classic chocolate cake or 1 packet of two-layer cake mixture (any flavor)
- 4 cups creamy white putty or two 16-ounce cans of creamy white putty
- Red or green paste paint
- 13 large zephyrs
- Non-stick baking spray
- 1 small zephyse
- 2 miniature pieces of semi-sweet chocolate (optional)
- 2 pieces of semi-sweet chocolate
- 6 red or green fruit jelly candy slices
- 2 red or green rolled fruit skins
- 2 long, thin crispy bread sticks
- Black liquorice shoe strip
- Prepare, bake, and cool the yellow cake according to the directions for the 10-inch twisted tube cake. Make smooth teeth out of the smooth side of the cake. Using a sharp knife, cut and remove one-third of the cake. On a large tray or flat serving dish, place a third of a piece of cake next to a two-thirds piece of S. Round the back of the dragonfly and sharpen the tip of the tail with a serrated knife. Freeze the cake until it is solid.
- In the meantime, tint the creamy white color Red or Green. Using tinted putty, refrigerate the frozen cake. Collect two large zephyrs for each of the dragon's four legs and stuff them into the side of the matte cake. In a cold tone, frosty legs are frosty.
- To make the teeth of a dragonfly, cut a piece from the top of a large zephyr with kitchen scissors sprayed with cooking spray. Cut the slice almost in half and distribute it. Make small triangular teeth in a row by cutting grooves along the cut edge. Press your teeth against the dragonfly's face. Repeat the procedure for the nails.
- Cut a small zephyr in half across and arrange, cut off the sides, on the dragonfly's face for the eyes. Press the miniature pieces of chocolate into the zephyr halves if desired. Install the usual pieces of chocolate upside down on the dragonfly's muzzle. To make scales, place the fruit-sliced sweets along the back of the dragon.
- Unwrap the fruit's skin from behind each wing. Place a bread stick obliquely on the fruit's skin. Fold in half through the bun to form a triangle, exposing one end of the bread stick. To get a cut edge, trim one edge of the fruity skin triangle. Fold the wings if desired. Insert the bread sticks into the cake to attach the wings to the dragonfly's back. Attach small pieces of top licorice above the eyes and brows.
Amount Per ServingCalories 505Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 44mgSodium 247mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 3gSugar 56gProtein 4g