Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- Basmati rice 2 cups (cooked)
- Green Coriander 1 cup
- green chili 2
- garlic cloves 5 Garlic
- ginger 1 small piece
- Onion 1 Onion 1
- salt to taste
- cumin tsp
- bay leaf 1
- Steep red chili 1
- oil 2 tsp
- cinnamon 1 inch
- lemon 1
- Wash the mint and coriander leaves.
- Using a knife, cut the green chilies and ginger.
- In the mixer jar, combine mint leaves, green coriander, green chili, ginger, garlic, cumin, salt, and 1 cup water to make a fine mint paste.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium heat.
- Make a long cut in the onion.
- When the oil is hot, add the bay leaves, red chili, and lentil sugar and cook for one minute.
- Then add the onions and fry them until they are light brown.
- After the onion has been fried, add a mint paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the cooked rice and mix it with all of the spices with a ladle.
- Allow the rice to cook for 2 minutes with the spices before turning off the heat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 442Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 34mgSodium 880mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 5gSugar 8gProtein 19g