Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 4 fillets of Mackerel (saba)
- 2 tablespoon Sake
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Lemon/lime wedge
- Coat the fish in sake and place it on a plate. Using a paper towel, pat dry.
- Allow the fish to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes after liberally sprinkling salt on both sides. After 20 minutes, the fish should expel water, making the flesh denser. Remove any excess moisture from the fish.
- Preheat the oven grill or toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C). Place the fish, skin side up, on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper (spray or brush with oil to prevent sticking). Bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish is thoroughly cooked.
- Flip the fish over so the skin is facing up, then move the tray to a higher rack, closer to the heating element, and continue to grill for another 3-5 minutes.
- Best served hot with a squirt of lemon juice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 251Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 66mgSodium 603mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 21g