Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 dried Chinese black mushrooms, or shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) ground pork
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 20 gyoza wrappers, or wonton wrappers cut into circles
- Collect all of the ingredients.
- Siu mai dumplings ingredients
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 20 to 30 minutes to soften them. Remove any excess water by squeezing it out. Remove the stems.
- In a bowl of water, soften the mushrooms.
- Soak the shrimp for 5 minutes in warm, lightly salted water before patting dry.
- Soak the shrimp in a bowl of water for a few minutes.
- Mushrooms, shrimp, and green onion should all be minced. Combine with the pork and ginger.
- Combine the mushrooms, shrimp, and green onion with the ginger and pork.
- Combine the oyster sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Thoroughly combine the filling ingredients.
- Incorporate the oyster sauce into the shrimp mixture.
- In front of you, place a gyoza wrapper. Wet the edges with your finger or a pastry brush and a small amount of water.
- Brush a goyza wrapper with water before laying it down.
- Fill the center with 2 to 3 teaspoons of filling, being careful not to get too close to the edges.
- Place the filling in the center of the dumpling wrapper.
- Gather the wrapper's edges, lightly pressing against the filling to adhere, and gently pleat to form a basket shape, leaving the top open and the filling exposed.
- Wrap the dumpling wrapper around the filling lightly.
- Use parchment paper or cabbage leaves to line a steamer basket.
- Line a steamer basket with parchment paper.
- 5 to 10 minutes, steam over boiling water until the filling is cooked through.
- Dumplings steamed in boiling water
- Enjoy with a dash of soy sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 216Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 104mgSodium 720mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 17g