Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 4 hours
- 1 package (16 oz) of dried green split peas, rinsed
- 2 cups of diced cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup julienned or chopped carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 liter of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- In a four or five liter slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 810 hours, or until the peas are tender.
- This soup freezes extremely well.
- Freeze in appropriate containers in the freezer.
- Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before reheating in a saucepan and serving hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 268Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 64mgSodium 2219mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 8gSugar 8gProtein 29g