Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 300 g Flour 00
- 150 g Water
- 5 g Fresh brewer's yeast
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 7 gSale
- Allow the water to cool slightly before pouring it into a bowl and mixing in the crumbled brewer's yeast with your hands.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and oil, then add the water and yeast and mix with your hands. Add the salt as well.
- Place the dough on a pastry board. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, kneading it vigorously. If the dough is not firm enough, add more flour.
- If you have a stand mixer, add all of the ingredients to the bowl and knead the dough with the hook. Allow it to rise until it has doubled in size.
- When the dough has risen, resume rolling it out with your hands; you can also help yourself with a rolling pin, but don't crush it too much to avoid blocking the leavening
- Shape the scones in a small pasta bowl (if not, use a glass). Allow the oil to heat up in a nonstick pan before adding the scones a few at a time and frying them on both sides.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and place the fried scones on absorbent paper to dry. Serve the soft fried scones with your favorite cold cuts or perhaps with a simple sauce and mozzarella...oh my goodness!
Amount Per Serving Calories 337Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 2gSugar 0gProtein 8g