Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
- CHICKEN or 1 kg of beef - 1.5 kg
- COCONUT CREAM 4 cups
- Shelled PEANUTS - 1 cup
- FOR PLA qb
- PASTA IN CURRY MASSAMAN qb
- CINNAMON 1 piece of 5 cm - 1
- CARDAMOM 15
- TAMARIND polpa - qb
- LEMON JUICE of 1 lemon - 40 ml
- BROWN SUGAR to taste - 1 tablespoon
- When you're ready to make the masaman curry, cut the chicken or beef into 5 cm cubes per side and cook them in a covered saucepan with the coconut cream, peanuts, and nam pla over a very low heat.
- Remove the meat from the casserole and set it aside when it is tender.
- Cook the cooking sauce until it has been reduced by one-third.
- Mix in the curry masamam paste, meat, cinnamon, and cardamons in the casserole.
- Cook, covered, over low heat until the cooking juices have thickened slightly, then season to taste with the tamarind pulp, lemon juice, and sugar, stir, and remove from the heat.
- Serve with steamed white rice and raw, red, or green chilies.
Amount Per Serving Calories 2271Total Fat 122gSaturated Fat 69gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 43gCholesterol 256mgSodium 458mgCarbohydrates 207gFiber 9gSugar 170gProtein 94g