Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup chana daal yellow dalt lentils
- 5 cups of lukewarm water
- 6 to 7 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 2 pounds boneless chicken, cut into 1 "thick pieces
- 1 can coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 1 pound uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced very finely
- 1 cup of hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons dried shrimp powder make it by dry grinding shrimp
- 2 cups spicy fried potato chips; or substitute with crumbled fries
- 1 cup of coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
- In a pot of warm water, cook the lentils until soft. To completely mash the lentils, beat or blend them.
- In a deep, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the chopped onion. Fry until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook for 2 minutes after adding the ginger and garlic pastes.
- Fry for another 5 minutes after adding the 1 tsp chicken, coriander, cumin, red chili powder, and garam masala.
- Cook until the chicken is tender, then add the lentil paste, coconut milk, and salt to taste.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Run cold water over them after straining. To prevent sticking, drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the noodles and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil until hot. Turn off the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of red chili powder. Set aside the chili oil to cool.
- Serve each person in a deep bowl with the following ingredients: In the bowl, place one individual serving of noodles. Top with the chicken sauce, then the minced garlic, chives, leek, and boiled egg, one on top of the other, as desired. Drizzle with chili oil and season with dried shrimp powder. Garnish with potato sticks and cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Amount Per ServingCalories 1947Total Fat 113gSaturated Fat 38gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 65gCholesterol 503mgSodium 1408mgCarbohydrates 117gFiber 19gSugar 11gProtein 123g