Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
For the cake
- 250 g of Mascarpone
- 4 eggs
- 300g sugar
- 460 g of flour
- 100 g of melted butter
- 160 g of strawberry coulis (or cherries, or raspberries ...)
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 g of strawberries (or cherries, or raspberries ...)
- 400 ground almonds
- 400 g of icing sugar, sifted
- 2 egg whites
- 100 g white chocolate
- We mixed the Mascarpone with the sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl. Finish with the flour, yeast, and salt, followed by the melted butter and fruit coulis.
- The mixture is poured into a greased heart-shaped mold (or round, if we don't have a heart). The strawberries are evenly distributed on top and sink well, allowing the dough to completely cover them.
- It is baked at 160oC until it is thoroughly cooked (the time will depend on the oven and the humidity of the chosen fruit: approximately 1:30 hours). Cool on a rack after unmolding.
- If it isn't level, cut the remaining layer with a biscuit cutter to make it level (or a knife, or a wire acting as a saw). If the mold does not have a heart shape, you will need to print and cut a template to place on the cake and cut into the shape of a strawberry
- The almonds and sugar are combined, and the egg whites are added. Knead the dough until it is smooth and homogeneous. (In the Thermomix, combine the sugar and almond for 15 seconds on speed 6, then add the whites for 20 seconds on speed 6.) Then you'll need to knead it a little).
- The pasta is divided into two parts, one larger than the other. Add red food coloring to the largest and knead well. Green food coloring is added to the smallest and thoroughly kneaded.
- If the pasta becomes too dry, microwave it for a few seconds until it is again manageable. The red paste is applied to a surface dusted with icing sugar. The spread dough is rolled on the roller and unrolled onto the cake.
- What remains is cut out and the edges tucked in. The green paste is applied with a knife, and jagged cuts are made. It is carefully placed on top of the cake on the red pastry. What remains is cut out and the edges tucked in. The strawberry stem is molded and glued to it.
- If the paste cracks around the edges, moisten your fingers and gently rub them through the broken areas.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, then transfer it to a piping bag or plastic bag. The tip is removed, and elongated dots, resembling seeds, are placed on the strawberry.
To make the cake
In terms of coverage
Amount Per Serving Calories 1029Total Fat 52gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 32gCholesterol 132mgSodium 494mgCarbohydrates 126gFiber 8gSugar 80gProtein 21g