Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 250 ml di water
- 8 strawberries
- 120 g di sugar
- 50 g di more starch or wheat or potato starch
- 1 tip of Colorant red (optional)
- 25 g di butter optional
- 280-300 g di farina 00 (read notes)
- 100 g di sugar
- 1 egg entire
- 1 yolk
- 80 g di peanut oil or light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 lemon grated peel
- 1 pinch of sale
- Combine the sugar, a pinch of salt, the oil, the whole egg, and the yolk in a mixing bowl. Stir with a fork as you gradually add the flour and yeast until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry board and stir in the remaining flour until it is elastic and no longer sticks to your hands. (Normally, 280 g suffices for me.) Roll out to a thickness of about 4-5 mm on a lightly floured surface. The pastry should be used to line a 22 cm tart tin that has been previously greased and floured.
- Bake the shortcrust pastry for 20 minutes at 180°F with weights on top (dried legumes are also fine). Remove the weights from the pastry and cook in white for another 10 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. If you have any leftover shortcrust pastry, you can make cookies to decorate the tart, which will cook for 10 minutes.
- For the ice cream. Strawberries should be blended and strained through a sieve to remove all seeds. In a saucepan, combine the cold, sieved starch, sugar, and water, then add the filtered strawberry juice and heat until the cream becomes jelly-like, similar to jam. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter. Pour the cream into a bowl, add a very small amount of red dye to intensify the color (a micro drop is sufficient), turn well, and cool covered with cling film. Allow it to cool before pouring it into the shortcrust pastry shell. Place in the refrigerator. Decorate with strawberries and chocolate decorations just before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 11696Total Fat 103gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 56gCholesterol 106mgSodium 3968mgCarbohydrates 2364gFiber 171gSugar 217gProtein 387g