The sweet rice with milk cream is a dish that appears for two main reasons: you have a baby or you want to begin the Rice Diet. This sweet cream made from boiled rice and milk can be made at home in just a few minutes if you follow this recipe step by step. It is a simple and quick spoon dessert that can be made with few ingredients; it is an ancient recipe that everyone enjoys, and it is great for breakfast. The soft and creamy taste of the sweet milk rice cream provides a perfect combination of delicacies, making it a quick snack that goes well with fresh fruit.
- 200 g Brown rice
- 2 L milk (vegan? Use soy milk)
- 100 g Sugar
- 1 scorza di Limone
- qb Fresh fruit / Cinnamon / Honey (garnish to taste)
- To make it, pour the milk into a saucepan and add a cinnamon stick and whole lemon zest (to flavor) and heat until it boils.
- Rinse the brown rice under water to remove some of its floury consistency, then add the rice and sugar to the saucepan, whisking well to avoid lumps.
- We cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning from time to time with a wooden spatula to ensure that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- We'll see how the brown rice absorbs the milk as it cooks, so when it reaches a creamy density, take it off the heat and set it aside for a few minutes.
- We have the option of filling molds or pouring it into a single larger container. At this point, your rice cream is ready; it just needs to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to cool to the proper temperature. Garnish as desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 459Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 41mgSodium 271mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 2gSugar 33gProtein 20g