This was one of those dishes that came together on the spur of the moment… and we love those! We had to name it delizioso once we realized it was delizioso. So we called it Pollo Grigliato Ripieno, which translates to Stuffed Grilled Chicken in Italian. Working on a whim can sometimes lead to disaster, but it can also lead to gold. This, we believe, fits the latter description.
In previous posts, we discussed the relatability and practicality of having ingredients on hand and transforming them into something tasty – which is exactly what this recipe is about. Many of us will look at something as simple as chicken breasts in our fridge and wonder what to do next. We frequently remain in our comfort zone, preparing another mundane dish and calling it a day. So, today we challenge you to be unique =)
As always, our standard is mise en place, so grab everything and let’s get this party started!
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tbsp White Cooking Wine
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 oz. Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, butterflied
- ¼ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, divided into 4 parts
- 2 oz. Goat Cheese, divided into 4 parts
- 12 oz. Capellini Or other thin long pasta
- ½ Lemon, zested
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ oz. Fresh Basil, torn or chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon of tbsp. in a pan over medium heat with olive oil Cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant. Cooking wine and mushrooms should be added at this point. Cook for 4–5 minutes more, stirring to coat and keeping in a single layer. Remove from the heat (mushrooms should still be slightly firm as they will cook more in the chicken).
- Sauteing mushrooms
- The chicken breasts should be butterflyed. Spread the goat cheese, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and half of the basil evenly over the chicken breasts. Close the breasts and secure with toothpicks. Please keep in mind that you may have some mushrooms left over. Use just enough to allow you to close the breasts for grilling.
- Stuffed Grilled Chicken Breasts Stuffed
- Preheat the grill on medium heat, keeping the temperature around 400 degrees. Cook for 7–8 minutes on each side of the chicken.
- Grilling Temperature for Stuffed Chicken
- Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain the water and replace it in the pan. Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, and capers in a mixing bowl. Toss until well combined.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on top of the pasta. Finish with the remaining torn basil and grated parmesan cheese on top of the entire dish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 678Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 130mgSodium 712mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 56g