Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- Rice - 1 cup (200 grams) cooked
- Tomato - 400 grams (finely chopped)
- Boiled Potatoes - 2 (300 grams)
- Capsicum - 1 (finely chopped)
- Green peas - 1 cup
- Butter - 2-3 tbsp (50-60 grams)
- Green Coriander - 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Green chili - 1 (finely chopped)
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1.5 tsp or as per taste
- Heat a pan for the tawa pulao. Melt 2-3 tablespoons butter in the pan. When the butter has melted, add the ginger paste, finely chopped green chilies, and turmeric powder and cook for a few minutes.
- When the masala has finished roasting, add the finely chopped tomatoes and fry them. Cook the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes, covered. Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into small pieces until then.
- Check the tomatoes; if they are ripe, mash them slightly. Now stir in the capsicum and peas. Cook for 2 minutes, covered, until the capsicum and peas are soft and ready.
- Check the vegetable; if the peas are soft and ready, lightly mash the vegetable. Mix in the red chili powder, pav bhaji masala, salt, and green coriander while mashing the vegetables.
- Mix in a cup of water with the vegetables. Mash the vegetable some more. Now, while mixing, add the potatoes and mash them.
- When the vegetable is done, add the rice and mix well. Cook the vegetables and rice together until they are well combined. Tawa pulao is done. Place it on a plate.
- Garnish the hot, tasty Tawa Pulao with green coriander. Eat the tawa pulao with curd or raita.
Amount Per Serving Calories 434Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 58mgSodium 1178mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 8gSugar 10gProtein 10g