Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 38 minutes
- ½ cup butter (softened, room temperature)
- 1 c sugar
- 2 large eggs (expired)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ c milk (cold whole milk recommended)
- ¼ c red, white and blue, funfetti, sprinkle
- 1 c unsalted butter (softened, room temperature)
- 4 c sugar bowls
- 2+ tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- red and blue coloring
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line your muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl. Slowly whisk in the beaten eggs, followed by the vanilla extract and salt. Add the flour and mix just enough to combine the dry ingredients before adding the milk. The batter should not be over-mixed. Stir in the red, white, and blue funfetti sprinkles gently.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners, filling them slightly more than halfway. Bake for about 18 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Allow the cupcakes to cool for 2-3 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- After smoothing the unsalted butter, add the first 2-cup portion of powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Blend in the vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons heavy cream until smooth, then add the remaining 2 cups powdered sugar and blend until smooth again. If necessary, drizzle on small pieces of heavy cream to achieve the desired frosting consistency.
- Use a 3-color jointer to apply to cooled cupcakes, or use 3 bags and a standard frosting tip of your choice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 406Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 63mgSodium 85mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 0gSugar 56gProtein 2g