Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- Watermelon (watermelon) pulp 600 g
- Sugar 130 g
- Water 270 g
- Lemon juice 1
- Egg whites (about 1) 30 g
- To make the watermelon sorbet, cut a watermelon in half, then into slices, remove the peel, and scoop out 600 grams of pulp (if you wish you can already remove all the seeds). Blend the pulp with a mixer, then strain it through a sieve and place it in a basin. Dedicate yourself now to the sugar syrup preparation: Heat a pan with 270 g of water on the stove.
- Add the sugar, allow it to melt completely, and bring to a boil. After 5 minutes, remove the syrup from the heat and place it in a bowl to cool until it reaches room temperature. Place the watermelon pulp and sugar syrup in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until very cold. After the required time has passed, squeeze a lemon with a juicer and strain the juice to remove the seeds. Mix in the sugar syrup with the watermelon pulp.
- as well as lemon juice At this point, whip the egg white until stiff, then fold it into the watermelon pulp emulsion.
- Use a whisk to thoroughly combine the ingredients; the mixture must be homogeneous. Pour the cold mixture into the ice cream maker and leave to stir for 20 to 30 minutes, or until you have a creamy sorbet. Serve the watermelon sorbet cold and enjoy right away.
Amount Per Serving Calories 126Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 0gSugar 32gProtein 0g