Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 kg of chopped black beans
- 2 onion units
- 50 grams of dried desalted shrimp
- 3 units of fresh or soft French bread
- 2 and 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- Hundreds of peanuts, roasted and shelled
- 1 ginger flakes
- Hundreds of cashews, roasted and shelled
- 1 unit of onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 shrimp
- 1 cup of palm oil (or whatever you prefer)
- Salt to taste
- palm oil for frying (or other oil)
- Soak the beans for six hours in cold water.
- Drain it and rinse it under running water until the residue is gone.
- Allow it to drain in a colander with a cloth until completely dry.
- Add an onion, dried shrimp, and salt to the blender or processor.
- Shred until the mixture resembles dough.
- Set aside. Pour into a bowl.
- In a blender, combine the other onion and gradually add it to the dough, tapping it with a spoon until it is soft.
- Shape the acarajés with a spoon and fry them in hot palm oil.
- Place the bread in the center of the coconut milk and set aside for three hours.
- Drain and place in a blender.
- Combine the peanuts, cashews, ginger, onion, garlic, dried shrimp, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cook after thoroughly mixing.
- Slowly stir in the remaining coconut milk and palm oil for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture is firm.
- Serve the stuffed acarajé with vatapá, shrimp, and vinaigrette sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 561Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 79mgSodium 486mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 12gSugar 2gProtein 22g