Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of almond paste
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 128 grams of semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 of teaspoon of pure almond extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- In a food processor, combine the oats, sugar, and salt and pulse 5 or 6 times. Place aside.
- Soft peaks should be formed from the egg whites.
- Beat in the honey and almond extract until thickened.
- Mix the oatmeal and sugar mixture on low speed.
- Spread the topping over the chocolate, then sprinkle with the almonds. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow 1 hour to cool before cutting into bars.
- Preheat the oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil and butter it.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, oats, and salt and pulse 6 to 8 times. Set aside.
- Smoothly combine the butter, almond paste, and orange zest.
- Pour in the brown sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients and dates together on low speed.
- Pour the batter into the pan, cover with plastic wrap, and compact with the bottom of a glass to form an even layer.
- 20 minutes in the oven Allow for 10 minutes of cooling before spreading the chocolate evenly over the crust. Chill the chocolate for 15 minutes, or until it is almost firm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 995Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 61mgSodium 249mgCarbohydrates 121gFiber 11gSugar 92gProtein 15g