Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 kg. of cider pumpkin pulp already cooked
- 1 kg. of sugar
- 1 kg. of water
- Half a lemon
- A cinnamon stick
- To make the angel hair, we first thoroughly wash the cider gourd.
- We spread a towel across the floor. We forcefully throw the pumpkin on top of the towel, causing it to open. We'll do this because it's a pumpkin with very hard skin, and hitting it is the quickest way to open it.
- We're going to cut it into small pieces once it's open. We cook the pumpkin pieces in a pot.
- If it is a pressure cooker, it will be ready in 45 minutes; if it is a conventional pot, it will take between an hour and a half and two hours.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the pieces and drain them in a colander.
- We remove the pulp with a spoon and allow it to drain again in a strainer. We weigh the pulp after it has cooled and released all of its water.
- We have to put the sugar in the same weight as the pulp.
- We make a syrup with the same amount of water as sugar. In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar; when it begins to boil, add the pumpkin pulp, as well as the juice of half a lemon and a cinnamon stick.
- We leave it on medium-low heat for about an hour, maybe a little longer. We must ensure that all of the strands of pumpkin pulp are separated from one another and have a nice golden color.
- You must stir it from time to time to keep it from sticking to us.
- The angel hair is poured into sterilized jars.
- We sterilize glass jars and lids by placing them in a pot or saucepan, filling it with water, and allowing it to boil for about 15 minutes.
- We'll get three or four containers out of one kilo of pumpkin pulp, depending on their size.
- We put the angel hair candy in the jars and leave them upside down overnight. Angel hair will last for months if the jars are sterilized and the vacuum is created by turning them upside down.
- If you plan to consume the angel hair immediately, you can use it in any recipe after it cools without sterilizing the jars.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1465Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 31mgCarbohydrates 377gFiber 2gSugar 367gProtein 1g