Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 cups (tea) of rice
- 4 cups (tea) of water
- 100 g of desalted and shredded jerky
- 250 g pepperoni sausage appetizer
- 70 g of cubed bacon
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup (tea) of fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Heat a kettle with slightly more than 4 cups (tea) of water on low heat. Half an onion, peeled and sliced into thin crescents Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped Cut the sausage into three diagonal pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, brown the bacon and pepperoni sausage.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the onion is transparent. Mix in the garlic for another minute.
- Combine the dried meat, rice, and bay leaves in a mixing bowl. 1 minute of vigorous stirring
- Pour 4 cups (tea) boiling water over the rice just before it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan. Mix thoroughly, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon, and partially cover the pan.
- Cook until the rice absorbs all of the water, about 20 minutes - to check if the water has dried, pierce the rice with a fork to see the bottom of the pan; if it's still wet, cook for a little longer.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan for 5 minutes to allow the rice to finish steaming. Meanwhile, wash, dry, and chop the parsley finely.
- Then, to taste, sprinkle with chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper. It looks fantastic with the lemon drops.
Amount Per Serving Calories 732Total Fat 54gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 32gCholesterol 100mgSodium 1956mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 31g