Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
- 2 stemsin lemongrass
- 2 cmof ginger
- 3 tbspof sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoonof coarse sea salt
- 2 tbspof crumbled cayenne pepper
- 1 kgof pork belly,
- 6 tbspin Hoisin salsa
- A delicious crispy crust encases oven-roasted pork belly marinated in a mildly spicy marinade of lemongrass, ginger, cayenne pepper, and Hoisin sauce. It's a delicacy to lick your fingers after.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Trim the dry ends of the lemongrass and remove the outer leaves. Finely chop the inner leaves and ginger for the marinade, then combine the mince with the oil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Using kitchen paper, pat the bacon dry. Cut the rind into diamond shapes with a sharp knife. The marinade should be applied to the meat.
- Place it in the bratt pan, rind side down. Brown the bacon for about 60 minutes in the center of the oven.
- Raise the heat to 200° C, turn the meat, and cook for another 70 minutes, or until the rind is nice and crisp.
- Take the bacon out of the oven and brush it with Hoisin sauce. Allow the bacon to rest for 10 minutes before cutting it into slices.
- With the bacon slices, set aside the remaining Hoisin sauce.
Amount Per ServingCalories 274Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 9mgSodium 808mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 4g