Prep Time 50 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
- Snapper (fish) of approximately one and a half kilograms
- Potato 4
- Fish broth or stock
- Extra virgin olive oil 10 ml
- Coarse salt a pinch
- Onion (optional)
- To cook this snapper in one piece - without opening or filleting - we will have the fishmonger clean and gut it for oven roasting. Because we'll be roasting it on a bed of potatoes, we'll start by peeling and cutting them into half-cm slices.
- When the potatoes are ready to cook, we spread them out on a baking tray, trying to cover it completely and without stacking them on top of each other. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil, as shown in the photos.
- We bake for about 15 minutes at 190o C. Then we add the fish broth without going above the height of the potatoes and place the snapper on the bed of potatoes that we've made. If desired, you can also add an onion cut into fine julienne strips and spread it over the potatoes while the fish roasts. (I included it.)
- We roast the fish for 20 minutes, ten minutes on each side. When you turn it over, it is likely that you, like me, will find some of the beautiful skin of the fish remaining in the slotted spoon or the tool you use to bake the snapper on the other side.
Amount Per Serving Calories 223Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 2mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 7g