Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
- 1 large Russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of apple juice
- Freshly ground black pepper and fine sea salt to taste
- In a slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients and stir until the sugar is dissolved.Cook for 3-4 hours on low heat.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to remove the kielbasa and sauerkraut, or leave them warm to keep you moist at a party. Provide your guests with tongs or a slotted spoon.
- If you've tried this recipe, please come back and let us know how it turned out!
Amount Per Serving Calories 1053Total Fat 68gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 166mgSodium 3666mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 8gSugar 36gProtein 34g